Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm Obsessed - October 5th

Hello Everyone!

I know...I'm back so soon! Honestly I'm really psyched about this blog and I really want to get it going. That being said, I'm going to be doing something every Saturday called 'I'm Obsessed' and basically, it's a list of things that I adore at the moment. It's going to be so enjoyable to look back on these!

1. The Autumn. I'm from New England, and fall up here is absolutely gorgeous. From the foliage, to pumpkins, fall activities, and...well...fall candles, which I adore, it's not an exaggeration to say fall is the best time of year. I always feel inspired to write poetry during the fall.

(image from eatcleanmakechanges.tumblr.com) 
 
2. The Selection. This book series, written by the incredible Kiera Cass, is one of my favorites I have ever read. I'm obsessed with the amazing characters (especially Maxon...read it. You'll see why), and the well thought out plotline. I loved this book so much, I convinced three of my friends to read it, and they absolutely adore it now too. This book review is pretty accurate and very hilarious.
 
                           
 
3. Les Misérables. This is my favorite musical of all time, and to me, no other musical could ever surpass it. That being said, I finally decided to purchase the Victor Hugo novel that the musical is based on...a whooping 1,463 pages long! I'm such a huge book nerd, so I am ecstatic to finally have the book and anxious to get started on reading it. Currently, my favorite characters are Eponine and Enjolras. It will be interesting to see if this changes after I finish the book! I'll do a more in depth post about what the characters in Les Mis mean to me at a later date.
(image from mommylife.net)
 
4. 'A New Life' from the musical Jekyll and Hyde. This is one of the most beautiful songs, because of how strong and desperate the lyrics are. For anyone who is familiar with the musical, you know that Jekyll and Hyde isn't exactly a happy-go-lucky show like Wicked. I've personally never seen J & H, but this song just speaks to me. Linda Eder's version of this song gives me chills...and that one belt note at the end...wow. Read how beautiful these lyrics are:


 A new life -
More and more, I'm sure,
As I go through life,
Just to play the game -,
And to pursue life -
Just to share its pleasures,
And belong! -
That's what I've been here for,
All along!
Each day's
A brand new life!

 
5. Poetry. I am going through a poetry stage, and I couldn't be happier about it, because in my opinion poetry is one of the most beautiful forms of writing. I found this poem on Pinterest the other day, and it described how I feel perfectly. It is now one of my favorite poems.

 
 .
So there you have it! My first weekly obsessions list! Please follow my blog, and comment. What are your five weekly obsessions? Do we have anything in common?
 
XX,
Madison :)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment